Open Until Filled, Exempt
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Screen potential clients for appropriateness for admission into the BHTC program.
2. Conducts mental health status examination and psychiatric assessments or evaluations on residents as required.
3. Responsible for evaluating, prescribing, and monitoring any necessary psychotropic medications or ongoing psychotropic medication of the residents.
4. Determines the psychiatric diagnosis of the residents and develops or collaborates in the development of individualized treatment plans.
5. Collaborates in the development of behavioral treatment contracts and provides collaboration on medical review of treatment plan coordination.
6. Supervises and evaluates ongoing treatment plans and implement Treatment plan modifications as needed.
7. Collaborates with other treatment staff to assure that planned activities are commensurate with treatment plan objectives and goals.
8. Participate in case conferences with the treatment team and provides direct psychiatric services in the context of individual, group, or family therapy treatment modalities.
9. May consult in program design and program implementation and, may also provide staff training when appropriate or as required period
10. Maintain awareness with clinical dynamics when a client has contact with family members.
11. Work with the Brighter Horizon Treatment Centers Social Worker when developing appropriate community treatment resources.
12. Maintain detailed records of significant contacts, incidents, relationships, and individual sessions. (i.e. Mental Health Documentation).
13. Complete reports and submit progress notes to Social Worker by due dates established with any mental health contracts.
14. Testify in court, when necessary.
15. Attend treatment team meetings as it pertains to your client caseload.
16. Document input and follow through on mental health treatment plans. Review with staff for implementation and filing.
17. Be available to handle crisis situations that may arise during working and non-working (on-call) hours.
18. Adhere to agency policies and procedures.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
1. Be licensed by the state of California, board of medical quality assurance as a medical practitioner, M.D. or O.D.
2. Have served a medical residency for at least one year as a psychiatrist.
3. Record clearance free of criminal convictions.
4. Valid California Driver’s License and acceptable driving record as determined by Brighter Horizon Treatment Centers insurance carrier.
5. First Aid/CPR certification.
• Must also be in good physical condition and as such be able to participate in recreational activities with the clients.
• Must have experience in management and supervision of staff.
• Must have good leadership, writing an oral communication skill.
• Must be available for a 40-hour workweek and be available for all shifts.
• Must undergo the same screening in training procedures required by state regulations including but not limited to background reference checks, DOJ, FBI, and Child Abuse Check Index (CACI) fingerprinting for criminal clearance, First Aid and CPR certification, and a preliminary health screening which includes a tuberculosis (TB) test. Candidate is also required to sign the Criminal Record Statement and Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Suspected Child Abuse.
Salary range is in accordance with United Way guidelines for psychiatrist series, schedules 12A- 13A and/or FCRB reasonableness standards
A philosophy of support for abused youth juveniles and parolees in line with values, mission, and treatment philosophy of Brighter Horizon Treatment Centers.
Must have a management philosophy that respects the value of people and seeks to maximize their potential in the workplace. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the person will perform other job-related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management as required.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Employment at Brighter Horizon Treatment Centers may be treated as an at will by the employer or Brighter Horizon Treatment Centers at any time with or without cause and with or without notice.