Open Until Filled, Exempt
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides for the care, supervision, observation in protection of clients.
2. Interact with residents in an empathic and supportive manner. Demonstrates tolerance, sensitivity and promotes diversity.
3. Consequences will be developmentally appropriate and consistent with policy and individual treatment plans.
4. Notation of the child’s progress; identification of the possible need for professional services; and communicate such findings to professional staff, showing consistency with BHTC policy & procedure.
5. Observation of children for possible medical attention, communicate to the nursing staff as needed.
6. Significant events or behaviors of each Resident will be documented according to policy to assist the next shifts’, Facility Managers, direct care staff and the Treatment Team in appropriately meeting each Residents needs and needs for documentation.
7. Demonstrate good facilitation and problem-solving skills with both Residents and staff.
8. Be an effective team member, able to interact with team members in a positive, professional manner, able to give and receive feedback, providing feedback to team members that will enhance team functioning and provision of care.
9. Oversee the department services maintenance & production at a quality agreed to by Administration and milieu staff, reflecting Community Licensing and accrediting basis.
10. Provide directions for establishment and attainment of challenging objectives and policies are consistent with overall BHTC goals.
11. Develop and maintain reporting systems that provide accurate, timely and pertinent information relative to Clinical Department operations.
12. Establishes and maintains a high level of nursing commitment to optimize Resident care and quality of service provided.
13. Coordinate training and development opportunities for nursing and direct care staff, participate in improving the knowledge, attitude and skills and professionalism of nurses in the department.
14. Function as Infection Control Designee (ICD) responsible for the surveillance, control and prevention of infection in BHTC.
15. Act as the primary link for the Pharmacology-Therapeutic committee and BHTC Management.
16. Rotate with the Clinical and Program director for weekly 24 hours DAS (Designated Acting Supervisor) coverage.
17. Determine staffing needs and scheduling to ensure a safe effective nursing environment.
18. Provide 24 hours of nursing coverage by pager/ cell phone.
19. Carry out of and meet the legal aspects of California Code of Regulations, Title 22, and the STRTP Interim Licensing Standard, standards, patient rights and standards and standards of other regulatory bodies.
20. Coordinate nursing responsibilities in Disaster Planning for BHTC.
21. Participate in MTP (Master Treatment Plan) process Interventions for all clients.
22. Preside and conduct nursing staff monthly meeting.
23. Collect and analyze compiled data for nursing PI.
24. Maintain confidentiality of all records and information that pertains to Residents, families, direct care staff, etc.
25. Serve as a resource person to direct care staff in coordinating the application and execution of involuntary commitment in 51/50.
26. Conduct nurse evaluations in a timely manner, disciplinary actions, terminations and hiring in collaboration with Human Resources.
27. Promote, reinforce and ensure consistency with Therapeutic Milieu of BHTC.
28. Act as the primary link between Health Clerk and Health Care providers being utilized by BHTC.
29. Perform nursing assessment and diagnosis, plan, intervention and evaluation on each Resident.
30. Perform health education with Residents, all staff and family.
31. Show leadership in promoting environmental health and safety in the facility.
32. Intervene with potentially agitated/ out-of-control Residents in a therapeutic and de-escalating manner.
33. Participate in the restraining of Resident or escort to a quiet room (when needed) in a safe and professional manner only when PRO ACT certified.
34. Atten dance falls within Attendance Policy guidelines.
35. Comply with all facility and Employee Handbook requirements. Perform all duties in accordance with Employee Handbook expectations, policies & procedures, memorandums of change and information, and in compliance with state, local and federal regulations.
36. Demonstrate consistent competence in her ability to assess, improve, and maintain performance in her respective areas as well as the organization a whole.
40. Receive and act on reports and recommendations from clinical staff, programs, and services. Report information to the CEO to help fulfill responsibility for the quality of care of individuals served.
41. Comply with all facility safety policies, procedures and OSHA regulations. Do not participate in any competitive sports; report all injuries per policy.
42. Complete other duties as assigned.
43. Successfully implements the mission of BHTC and company values. Focuses on Key Result of Empowering Success and Transforming Lives.
• Must have a required nursing license and credentials and/or collegiate degree to assume role s LVN or RN.
• Must be cleared through our commercial insurance carrier and must be able to drive BHTC vehicles.
• Must also be in good physical condition and as such be able to participate in recreational activities with the clients.
• Must have experience in the management and supervision of staff.
• Must have good leadership, writing and oral communication skill.
• Must be available for a 40-hour workweek and be available for all shifts.
• Must undergo the same screening in training procedures required by state regulations including but not limited to background reference checks, DOJ, FBI, and Child Abuse Check Index (CACI) fingerprinting for criminal clearance, First Aid and CPR certification, and a preliminary health screening which includes a tuberculosis (TB) test. Candidate is also required to sign the Criminal Record Statement and Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Suspected Child Abuse. All Administrators receive initial orientation training and additional training throughout their employment with BHTC.
The individual shall demonstrate a proven ability to administer and manage personnel in a cooperative and professional manner. A philosophy of support for abused youth juveniles and parolees in line with values, mission, and treatment philosophy of Brighter Horizon Treatment Centers. Must have a management philosophy that respects the value of people and seeks to maximize their potential in the workplace. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will perform other job-related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management as required. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Employment at Brighter Horizon Treatment Centers may be treated as at will by the employer or Brighter Horizon Treatment Centers at any time with or without cause and with or without notice.