Open Until Filled, Non-Exempt
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides for the care, supervision, observation and protection of clients.
2. Participate in group counseling and treatment planning sessions.
3. Helps to implement resident treatment plans and directed activities.
4. Instructs clients in self-maintenance and life skills.
5. Assist in the development of interpersonal and communication skills of clients
6. Fulfills all household materials and needs.
7. Performs inventory of clients' clothing, household linens, and other supplies.
8. Supervises in assists in food preparation and cooking for clients.
9. Supervises all housekeeping chores.
10. Writes daily log narratives on clients and various reports as required.
11. May perform various minor household maintenance functions as needed.
12. Enforce the policy and procedures implemented by BHTC.
13. Medication distribution in the documentation of medication for the clients according to BHTC policies and procedures.
14. Transport youth for medical, dental, clothing and directed activities as required.
15. May act as a liaison to clients authorized representatives, community residents, school personnel, Law Enforcement personnel, and others.
16. Performs minor first aid as needed.
17. Leads the team to coordinate and complete the daily functions for each day for the specified facility.
18. Meets with CCL, Probation Officers and Social Workers as needed.
19. In the absence of the Administrator, the Facility Manager will assume the responsibilities of the Administrator.
20. Performs all other duties as assigned by supervising staff.
• Must have a BA or BS degree or have a valid child development teaching permit or, have completed 12-semester units of Early Childhood Education, Adolescent Development, or Foster Kinship Care Education and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth; or have a valid certificate as an Alcohol Counselor, Drug Counselor, or Alcohol And Drug Counselor, and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth; or have a valid Vocational Training certificate, credential or documentation demonstrating that the individual is a trade journeyperson who instructs children in vocational skills and has at least 100 hours of experience with youth, or have previously been employed as a staff or volunteer at a group home or short term residential therapeutic center for at least one year, or have relevant experience as determined by the Department to meet any of the above requirements; or had been employed as a direct staff that was operating as a group home license prior to January 1, 2017, and must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must be cleared through our commercial insurance carrier and must be able to drive BHTC vehicles.
• Must also be in good physical condition and as such be able to participate in recreational activities with the clients.
• Must have experience in the management and supervision of staff.
• Must have good leadership, writing an oral communication skill.
• Must be available for a 40-hour work week and be available for all shifts.
• Must undergo the same screening in training procedures required by state regulations including but not limited to background reference checks, DOJ, FBI, and Child Abuse Check Index (CACI) fingerprinting for criminal clearance, First Aid and CPR certification, and a preliminary health screening which includes a tuberculosis (TB) test. Candidate is also required to sign the Criminal Record Statement and Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Suspected Child Abuse.
The individual shall demonstrate a proven ability to administer and manage personnel in a cooperative and professional manner. A philosophy of support for abused youth juveniles and parolees in line with values, mission, and treatment philosophy of Brighter Horizon Treatment Centers. Must have a management philosophy that respects the value of people and seeks to maximize their potential in the workplace.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will perform other job-related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management as required.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Employment at Brighter Horizon Treatment Centers may be treated as at will by the employer or Brighter Horizon Treatment Centers at any time with or without cause and with or without notice.