Open Until Filled, Exempt
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supervise all licensed and unlicensed Therapists in the following areas of psychotherapeutic treatment functions, including individual and group cycle therapy, family therapy, drug, and alcohol counseling, and counseling specific to adolescent sexual perpetrators as well as possible victims of sexual and physical, and mental abuse.
2. Maintain necessary contact with the assigned Social Worker.
3. Maintain awareness with clinical dynamics when a client has contact with family members.
4. Work with the Brighter Horizon Treatment Centers Social Worker when developing appropriate community treatment resources.
5. Maintain detailed records of significant contacts, incidents, relationships, and individual sessions. (i.e. Mental Health Documentation).
6. Complete reports and submit progress notes to Social Worker by due dates established with any mental health contracts.
7. Document discharge planning and collaborative input from placing agency.
8. Testify in court, when necessary.
9. Attend treatment team meetings as it pertains to your client caseload.
10. Document input and follow through on mental health treatment plans. Review with staff for implementation and filing.
11. Provide relevant clinical information to the assigned Social Worker that would need to be passed onto the County Social Worker.
12. Review intake reports, quarterly progress reports, appraisal Anything services plans, as well as other needed reports, Special Incident Reports (SIR’s), and notes to the court. May also complete Initial Intake Assessments in the absence of the Administrator.
13. Development of parents and family counseling groups.
14. Arranging in-service training at least 3 times per month in accordance with state rate-setting requirements
15. Be available to handle crisis situations that may arise during working and non-working (on-call) hours.
16. Adhere to agency policies and procedures.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Must be licensed by the state of California as a mental health Therapist.
2. Must have a minimum of a master’s degree MSW, MA or MS either in social work, psychology, counseling, or behavioral science.
3. Must have at least 4 years of post graduate clinical experience and supervisory experience.
4. Record clearance free of criminal convictions.
5. Valid California Driver’s License and acceptable driving record as determined by Brighter Horizon Treatment Centers insurance carrier.
6. First Aid/CPR certification.
7. Must be at least 21 years of age.
8. Must obtain STRTP Administrator Certification.
• Must be cleared through our commercial insurance carrier and must be able to drive BHTC vehicles.
• Must also be in good physical condition and as such be able to participate in recreational activities with the clients.
• Must have good leadership, writing and oral communication skill.
• Must be available for a 40-hour workweek and be available for all shifts.
• Must undergo the same screening in training procedures required by state regulations including but not limited to background reference checks, DOJ, FBI, and Child Abuse Check Index (CACI) fingerprinting for criminal clearance, First Aid and CPR certification, and a preliminary health screening which includes a tuberculosis (TB) test. Candidate Is also required to sign the Criminal Record Statement and Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Suspected Child Abuse. All Administrators receive initial orientation training and additional training throughout their employment with BHTC.
1. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
2. Managerial experience in a culturally diverse workplace.
3. Crisis intervention training.
A philosophy of support for abused youth juveniles in line with values, mission, and treatment philosophy of Brighter Horizon Treatment Centers. Must have a management philosophy that respects the value of people and seeks to maximize their potential in the workplace.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will perform other job-related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management as required.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Employment at Brighter Horizon Treatment Centers may be treated as at will by the employer or Brighter Horizon Treatment Centers at any time with or without cause and with or without notice.